Interview of Leslie Brinkley Lawson on 24 Feb 2014 with Marian Pierre-Louis at The Genealogy Professional. If you have further questions, please let me know.
Lawson Research Services, LLC is Forensic Genealogy; accurately recreating the family tree for attorneys, their clients, guardians for the elderly and individuals.
For more than twenty years, owner Leslie Brinkley Lawson has built a solid reputation as a Forensic Genealogist. Leslie has reunited many families with her work. She is committed to providing quality research to all of her clients. Leslie was a founding member of the Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy (CAFG).
Leslie has completed forensic genealogy [heir] research for attorneys across the United States. She has proven parentage for those unable to speak any longer because of injury or disability [dementia, Alzheimer’s, schizophrenia]. She has created family trees where the families absolutely detested each other, to those who were so thrilled to be reunited that they had a family reunion to celebrate.
Leslie can help you to locate your client’s missing heirs, or your family’s missing members. She has provided this research professionally for more than twenty years. Past President for the Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogists (CAFG) 2010-2015; Past President for the Oregon Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) 2011-2015; Membership in several national organizations, including: Association of Professional Genealogists (APG), as well as other genealogical societies. Also a member of the Pacific Northwest Paralegal Association (PNPA).
- Professional Genealogical Researcher.
- Lecture at state and local conferences.
- NGS Course: American Genealogy: A Basic Course.
- Samford University: Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research.
- Salt Lake Institute for Professional Genealogists.
- National, state and local conferences for many years
- Association of Professional Genealogists, Professional Management Conferences
- Instructor, Forensic Institute, Dallas, Texas, October 2012, March 2013, March 2014, March 2015
Lecture Topics I Have Presented On
- Getting From Then to Now: Locating People in the Last Century
- End of Life Planning: Getting Ready to Check Out
- Newspaper Research: Find it in the Past, Preserve it for the Future
- Jump Start Your Genealogy
- Doing On-site Research: Going There, Walking Their Ground…
- Planning a Successful Reunion
- Keeper of the Stones: Online Cemeteries and More
- Communication in the 21st Century
- Blogging: Otherwise Known as Cousin Bait!